Southeastern Technology Consultants is a division of StaffSource LLC, added in 2011 due to the high demand for IT professionals. Its President, John Sharpe, is originally from Knoxville and founded his first business, ARG Financial Staffing, in 2004. He is involved in multiple community organizations as well as the East Tennessee chapter of the Young Entrepreneur’s organization. He is President of ARG Executive Search and ARG Financial Staffing, StaffSource Employee Solutions and Southeastern Technology Consultants.
Sharpe is scheduled to participate in a Fireside Chat at Startup Day 2014.
Development is a critical time for startups. Below are five valuable tips that Sharpe offers to startups that are in the development stage:
1. Monetize Your Idea
- Make sure you have a clear idea of what you want to create and a viable financial model for your product or service.
- Bad ideas fail; good ideas can fail as well. Embrace the mistakes and learn from them because from failure comes success.
2.Build Your People Skills
- Always keep the customer in mind; treat others the way you want to be treated. As you grow you will meet professionals with a variety of personalities. Learn how to handle and influence each personality – not every person is the same.
3. Always Be Changing
- In the staffing world, every aspect of our business is constantly changing; job market, technology, people and their careers. Be ready to continually learn new tasks, technologies, techniques and adjust to those changes.
4. Learn to Face Challenges
- There is never a time where everything will run smoothly. As mentioned, in our business we have to take into consideration the changes in the job market, technology and people. Be prepared to come up with solutions, however be aware that not all solutions will work. Going back to #4, always be changing to create better solutions.
5. Take Risks
- Be willing to take risks – it means making decisions even if you’re not 100% sure they are the right ones. Without risks there are no mistakes, without mistakes you don’t learn how to move forward and create a successful business.
– See more at: http://argfinancialstaffing.com/about-us/blog/five-valuable-tips-for-startups-14#sthash.9I88aFxb.dpuf