|Job Location||East Tenn|
StaffSource is looking for a highly motivated engineer to create manufacturing equipment and processes for Hand Tool Manufacturing.
Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency designing electro-mechanical equipment, fixturing and tooling in CAD (Catia preferred, SolidWorks is also a plus).
- Project management and team leadership.
- Familiarity with compliances and Legal requirement of ISO regulation.
- Proven Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience in robotics, automated CNC machining, PLC/HMI programming, and advanced manufacturing processes.
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Mastery of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- BS/MS in Engineering Discipline
- 4-5 years of experience as a hands-on mechanical/manufacturing/design engineer working on mechanical and/or electromechanical systems or equivalent education.
- Experience with PLC Systems
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position applies technical knowledge and expertise in the development and implementation of new and improved automated manufacturing processes, procedures and equipment. Ensure that the design specifications and procurement of automated manufacturing equipment, tooling, fixtures etc. meet company requirements and objectives. Automation Engineers work with cross-functional teams throughout the entire product lifecycle. You will work closely with Design Engineering, Quality and Production to develop current processes into automated cells as well as design and implement new automated manufacturing technologies.
Equipment Development and Implementation:
- Design of automated manufacturing processes.
- Collaboration with small teams on in-house development of novel and complex manufacturing equipment.
- Specification development for manufacturing equipment.
- Close collaboration with external equipment suppliers on equipment design.
- Management of external equipment suppliers from equipment development through buyoff.
- Validation and characterization of new equipment and fixtures for introduction to the production floor.
Process Development and Implementation:
- Development of new automated manufacturing processes.
- Creation of detailed Manufacturing Instructions to define new processes and document new equipment operation.
- Training of technicians and line operators on manufacturing processes.
- Specification of hand tools for manual assembly tasks.
- Design of production workstations for high productivity and efficiency.
- Performance of process analysis and capacity modeling.
- Deployment of statistical control for key processes.