Cloud Solutions Architect
|Job Location||Middle Tenn|
|Position||Cloud Solutions Architect|
IT/Cloud Solutions Architect
The IT/Cloud Solutions Architect will design, deploy, and migrate systems for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS environments. The solutions architect is responsible for identification and selection of appropriate cloud services based on requirements and constraints, has deep subject matter expertise, and can evaluate new technologies for fit in current infrastructure architecture.
· Maintain in-depth knowledge of company’s strategic business plans.
· Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to systems analysts, IT cloud engineers, and other systems architects.
· Document and develop in-depth knowledge of company’s existing IT cloud architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
· Develop and manage an IT cloud infrastructure capacity plan.
· Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a cloud technology standards policy.
· Conduct research on emerging cloud technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
· Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in IT cloud infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
· Design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end IT cloud integrated systems.
· Develop and execute test plans to check IT cloud infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent understanding of typical multi-tier architectures: web servers, caching, application servers, load balancers, and storage.
- Understanding of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) and NoSQL.
- Knowledge of message queuing and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Familiarity with loose coupling and stateless systems.
- Understanding of different consistency models in distributed systems.
- Knowledge of Content Delivery Networks (CDN).
- Hands-on experience with core LAN/WAN network technologies.
- Experience with route tables, access control lists, firewalls, NAT, HTTP, DNS, IP and OSI Network.
- Knowledge of RESTful Web Services, XML, JSON.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
- Work experience with information and application security concepts, mechanisms, and tools.
- Awareness of end-user computing and collaborative technologies.
- Large-scale distributed systems architecture.
- System performance tuning.
- Information and application security concepts including public key encryption, remote access, access credentials, and certificate-based authentication.
· Ability to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
· Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
· Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
· Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Ability and willingness to knowledge transfer to other members of the team.
· Overtime hours as required.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.