|Job Location||East Tenn|
The DBA participates in the database administration activities such as capacity planning, back up, monitoring, installing, configuring of enterprise databases and its related components. The DBA will work on tuning the database for performance, availability and migrating the databases as part of consolidation. The candidate should contribute to knowledge base of the software engineers who develop and design the applications utilizing the databases. Finally, the DBA will be responsible for research and implementation of new database features which supports the business objectives and improves database performance/availability.
- Installing and configuring the enterprise databases to support business initiatives. This includes gathering the requirements of the database needs and sizing the configuration appropriately for a new or existing database.
- Monitoring and taking proactive steps to increase the availability and minimizing the outages of the Enterprise Oracle Databases. This includes tasks focused on defining and tracking relevant metrics, database development activities as well as tuning the databases.
- Keeping the Databases up to date. This includes the regular patching, upgrade and support activities which are required to keep the database secure and current.
- Support activities that include on call (24/7) monitoring of the critical production databases and taking reactive procedures to provide business continuity
- Support development community. This includes database design as well as code reviews, contributing to the knowledge base of the software engineers about oracle database features, tuning expertise and providing implementation support as required.
- Support the enterprise development objectives, this includes deployment of the database artifacts and researching the impact and enabling any database feature that would be required for the enterprise applications.
- BS or Master’s Degree;
- 5 years of Oracle Database Administration experience in a corporate environment;
- Excellent communication skills, motivated to learn, and proven track record of obtaining new skills quickly.