|Job Location||Middle Tenn|
Title: Desktop Support
Job Location : Nashville, TN Date: June 2017
Provides break-fix hardware and software support of desktops, laptops, printers and other
peripheral end-user equipment in addition to resolving outstanding service desk tickets.
Reports To: Director, Information Technology
Primary Working Relationships: Information Technology Team, Office Personnel
• Provide break/fix support and troubleshooting for hardware and software and peripherals.
• Establish and maintain documented processes and procedures related to desktop support.
• Install, configure and troubleshoot desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, and other
peripheral equipment as required.
• Image desktops and laptops using Windows Deployment Services or other standard tools.
• Answer end-user inquiries regarding software and hardware to resolve issues.
• Support Telecommunications equipment from staff level (headsets) to call queues, (tele-system
• Monitor the service desk ticketing system and work on resolving and closing open tickets.
• Research, evaluate and recommend new technologies to refine/streamline existing processes and
• Associate degree or Bachelor degree preferred with emphasis in Information Technology,
Computer Science or Information Systems
• Three years in computers and a high-level of troubleshooting and support.
o Windows 7, 8, 10 and Microsoft Office 2007 - 2013 and above
o Anti-virus (Symantec or equivalent)
o Hardware/Software based Encryption solutions (Symantec)
Job description Desktop Support
o Configuring network connections (LAN and WLAN) and printers on computers
o Active Directory, Exchange Administration with respect to adding new users and modifying
permissions for existing users
• Experience working with a Service Desk solution for ticketing, escalations, service level
agreements and other processes and procedures related to the Service Desk.
• Certifications in PC Troubleshooting and Support preferred
• Certifications in Information Technology processes, procedures and best practices are a plus.
These essential functions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the physical aspects of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
• Use of office equipment including personal computer, laptop computer, printer, fax machine and
• The employee is occasionally required to use hands and fingers to operate, handle, and reach
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust
• Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in person, via email and via telephone
• Standard workweek 40 hours. Some overtime may be required.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
• Strong near and far visual acuity with attention to detail.
• May lift equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Walk, bend, stoop, crawl, and kneel.
• May sit at workstation for extended periods with continual concentration.
• Ability to cope with stress brought on by meeting deadlines and standards, uneven work flow
and changing priorities, and multiple simultaneous interruptions
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this
herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this