|Job Location||Middle Tenn|
L3 ForceX is building its DevOps capability from the ground up and is looking for qualified candidates with an innovative and creative mindset. The position will support multiple development efforts producing solutions for government and commercial airborne mission systems. As member of L3 ForceX, you will apply a comprehensive knowledge of information technology, DevOps concepts and automation skills, configuration management, continuous integration and product delivery it increase software development speed and quality.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze the current L3 ForceX program and development environments to create and implement solutions from infant stages to grow and mature the capabilities across the organization
- Design, develop and maintain reusable components, code and document custom automation frameworks, maintain scripts, and update these items as needed to build continuous delivery pipelines, ensuring rapid availability of the product
- Proactively identifying trends, determining root causes, troubleshoot, and initiating appropriate action to resolve issues.
- Working with Architecture department to improve processes
- Learn and mentor others in new and emerging technologies, certifications, and best practices.
You must be eligible to obtain a US DoD Security Clearance.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, engineering or other technical field
- Experience with Linux environments (RHEL, CentOS, etc.), Windows (7/10, Server 12/16), Microsoft SQL Server (‘12,’14,’16).
- Experience with development tools for desktop and embedded applications written in C# and C++ using Visual Studio (2015/2017), MsBuild, and CMake.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of continuous integration with TFS and GitLab or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of continuous test with NUnit, MSTest and Coded UI or equivalent test frameworks.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of source code management and defect tracking using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (’15,’17) and GitLab.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of continuous delivery with package and artifact management using Nuget, RPM, Docker or equivalent package/artifact managers.
- Must have experience with virtualization, containerization and Infrastructure as Code technology.
- Experience deploying software to embedded systems or IoT hardware a plus.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Scripting proficiency in Windows environments (Powershell, etc.) and Linux environments (Perl, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Ability to think several steps through requirements; planning, preparation, resource & support, implementation
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to interact, collaborate, and create solutions within the DevOps team, project teams, leadership, engineers, developers, IT and other supporting groups.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and creative environment
- Working knowledge of workflow methods such as Agile, Kanban, Scrum
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple work queues
- Efficient time management
Candidate must be a U.S citizen and be able to possess a Secret clearance
- Work performed in an office environment with people in close proximity
- Duties may require working outside of normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
- Ability to sit at a desk, look at a monitor and type for extended periods of time
- May be required to lift/move up to 70 lbs
- Travel up to 10% of the time
Personal Protective Equipment:
- As required by program needs
- Work performed in an office environment with people close to each other
- Working with computers, and other computer components
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside of normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity
US Security Clearance Required : None
Schedule : Full-time
Shift : Day - 1st
Travel : No