Electrical Field Service Technician (2)
|Job Location||East Tenn|
|Position||Electrical Field Service Technician (2)|
BHS Corrugated North America, Inc.
Job Title: Electrical Field Service Tech I
Reports To: Service Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Prepared By: Mike McQuaide
Responsible for the installation, service, troubleshooting and support of corrugating machinery. All work will be done at our customer’s sites. The position requires extensive travel within the US, Canada, and Mexico at short notice to support our client base.
1. Responsible for the installation, troubleshooting and repair of corrugated machinery at customer sites.
2. Provides after hours pm-call emergency support to customer base.
3. Performs preventative maintenance service and warranty interventions.
4. Communicates on site and by telephone with customer personnel to determine issues.
5. Is responsible for making own travel arrangements to customer’s facilities.
6. Generates service reports for customer and service coordinator describing the outcome of the customer visit including unresolved issues.
7. Generates accurate & prompt timesheets for use in billing and payroll.
8. Completes expense reports in a timely manner to facilitate customer billing.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Technical/Trade school or AA degree preferred.
2. Experience working with industrial machinery; corrugating machinery a plus.
- Must be willing to travel 100% of the time.
- Strong electrical aptitude with the ability to read electrical schematics.
- Experience with PLC controls and programming; Siemens preferred.
- Understanding of drives, servos and process control.
7. Must be a team player and have the ability to work well with customers, subcontractors and co-workers
- Basic computer skills.