Heavy Equipment Operator (Cincinnati)
|Position||Heavy Equipment Operator (Cincinnati)|
Job Description / Scope of Work
Under general supervision, this position performs tasks associated with the construction/upgrade of cable television or telephone systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to dig pits, trenches and/or indentations manually or mechanically
- Ability to safely identify utilities in the trench/bore path.
- Ability to restore and landscape disturbed areas of the jobsite
- Ability to safely and correctly stub-up conduit and wire
- Performs site set-up and clean-up
- Ability to clean vehicles, trailers, tools and equipment
- Ability to safely and correctly direct multi-directional traffic with appropriate signage
- Ability to follow simple instructions
- Must have an understanding of basic construction principles
- Must have ability to follow directions
- Must have the ability to operate manual and mechanical equipment necessary to complete jobs
- Must have or able to obtain knowledge of “safety systems” associated with trenching and/or drilling including set-up and emergency procedures
- The employee shall follow all safety rules at all times.
- The employee shall not engage in unsafe acts.
- The employee is expected to attend and participate in all safety meetings and training.
- The employee shall use all prescribed safety equipment that is required to safely do the job at hand.
- The employee shall report unsafe acts or conditions to his or her immediate Supervisor or Safety Personnel.
- The employee shall report any and all injuries, accidents and/or incidents immediately their immediate Supervisor.
- The employee shall be a safe worker on and off the job.
This position does not have supervisory duties.
ON-CALL AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
This position may require being on call. Employee will respond to emergency call between the hours of 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. This position may require weekend work, night work and/or overnight travel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires the ability to communicate in English (English and Spanish preferred) with coworkers, customers and the general public.
This position requires the ability to do math equation and summaries for reporting work completed.
This position does not require specific computer knowledge.
This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to drive a manual transmission vehicle and have a valid Class D drivers license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; bend, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds regularly and frequently lift or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and may be subject to adverse conditions such as high humidity, temperatures, rain, snow and prolonged sun exposure. The outside work environment will vary throughout the workday including changes in terrain, traffic, urban settings and/or rural settings. The employee is occasionally exposed to natural gas and to the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.