Information Governance Specialist
|Job Location||Middle Tenn|
|Position||Information Governance Specialist|
The Information Governance Specialist’s role is to support our client's initiative around its Legal Hold Repository as well as support additional Information Governance opportunities. This position will require interfacing with multiple other departments including E-Discovery Operations, Forensics, Client Services, and Sales. This role involves a blended mix of detailed, hands-on skills with information management techniques, project management, and consulting.
The daily responsibilities of the Information Governance Specialist will include managing and executing projects in our client’s Legal Hold Repository. This can include copying and processing data, performing searches, and executing quality control processes to maintain data integrity. Likewise, the IG Specialist will be expected to create documentation, communicate statuses with clients, and help architect IG solutions for specific client needs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Project and Task Management
• External Consulting and Sales Support
• Hands on processing and tagging of data and executing of workflows within operational tools
• Internal consulting to other teams regarding data management best practices and workflows that may connect to the Legal Hold Repository workflows
Other relevant background information: The Information Governance Specialist is highly exposed to client confidential information. This position requires exercised independent judgement and keen decision-making ability. This often includes accessing situations and developing new processes where appropriate. This position should be able to operate independently without direct supervision, being capable of engaging a variety of tasks (once trained).
This position is also expected to interface directly and consult with the client on Information Governance workflows including, but not limited to legal hold management, data deduplication, and EDD workflows.
Job Qualifications and Technical Skills
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5-10 years’ experience with Information Technology/Information Governance related services.
Prior consulting background required.
Critical Role Competencies
• Project Management
• Familiarity with Information Governance/Information Management/Compliance
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both internally and to clients
• Detailed experience architecting and implementing solutions for client data needs
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to
enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
• Typically sitting at a desk or table
• Intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, bending or crouching
• Typically standing or walking
• Typically bending, crouching or stooping
• Frequently lifting of light objects (less than 24 pounds)
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are
representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Work is performed in an office and may be performed at a client site