IT Business Analyst
|Job Location||East Tenn|
|Position||IT Business Analyst|
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
This position is responsible for the leadership, facilitation, analysis and documentation tasks necessary to articulate the business' vision and needs to technical stakeholders. It includes analyzing problems, establishing business cases and ROIs, identifying alternative solutions, recommending and implementing systems, and/or enhancements for problem resolution. Business analysts within an IT context define and elaborate solution requirements or participate in solution design with business stakeholders while maintaining a separation with technical design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees cross-functional teams tasked with solving business issues, which require a technical solution providing subject matter expertise with regard to system functionality and capabilities for stakeholders.
- Participates in strategic meetings to review, evaluate, and/or propose new business opportunities through the implementation/enhancement of technical solutions, which are intended to improve customer relationships, operating efficiencies, and/or add business benefits.
- Identifies detailed requirements from business users through interviews, documentation, and facilitated working sessions for approved projects and enhancements.
- Partners with stakeholders and business representatives to identify necessary department resources to meet defined objectives.
- Leads team in analyzing information and prioritizing requirements to gain an understanding of the business needs in order to provide recommendations for solutions. Evaluates relative feedback and ROI to effectively align projects.
- Creates comprehensive business process models and maps based on requirements, capturing pertinent process step details in design documents so that opportunities for process improvements, benchmarks, key performance indicators, current metrics, and target objectives can be recognized establishing benefits realization objectives.
- Analyzes transformation of data into value-added information: where to source it, how to integrate it, and how to enhance and deliver it as analytic insight to support business decision making.
- Structures and develops test plans (e.g. test objectives, test cases, test data and test scripts) for executing unit, integration, system and/or acceptance testing in order to ensure the solution meets the business requirements.
- Manages acceptance testing with the business users performing system configuration and integration testing including the functionality, performance, and fit-for-use to ensure original requirements are met and defined constraints are controlled.
- Manages work plans, timelines, and budgets. Assesses project impacts through consultation with the business, management, regulatory, IT, quality assurance, validation, and training teams.
- Administers, through cutover planning and coordination with stakeholders, implementation of necessary business changes/additions to enterprise applications or integrated third party systems after testing is complete in order to ensure successful solution delivery.
- Develops, maintains, and provides technical subject matter expertise in order to convey and communicate capabilities, and delivers knowledge transfer to appropriate personnel for skill development.
- Carries out responsibilities according to the organization’s policies and procedures, best practices, as well as in accordance with state, federal, and local laws, including applicable safety rules and regulations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited college or university and five (5) to seven (7) years enterprise system experience with at least two (2) at a management level preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working within a healthcare environment and knowledge of the revenue cycle (billing, coding, collections, etc).
- Knowledge and experience in developing Business Process Maps, Use Cases, User Stories are a must.
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas are highly desirable:
- Lean & Six Sigma tools and techniques (i.e., Value Stream Mapping, Descriptive and Inferential Statistical Analysis, FMEA, etc.)
- Robotics Process Automation (RPA) / Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Business Architecture / Enterprise Architecture (EA)
- Agile Business Analysis
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of:
- Business Analysis principles and techniques.
- Business Process Management principles and techniques
- Project Management principles and techniques.
- System Development Lifecycle methodologies, processes and documentation.
- Testing approaches and documentation; including plans and scripts for unit, integration, system, and regression testing and/or system validation
- Cost estimation of a project from design, development, and testing to implementation, deployment and support for the required solution.
- Training design and roll-out.
- Key directional trends and emerging technologies in the IT industry.
- Report writing tools and technologies as applicable.
- Integration points with other platforms and third-party software.
- Security in enterprise software.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Desktop and enterprise computer hardware and software applications.
- Skill in:
- Researching, evaluating and analyzing business requirements and new computer system methods, applications, procedures, and techniques.
- Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, recommending and implementing systems, and/or enhancements for problem resolution.
- Detailed end-to-end business processes mapping, detailed workflow, and process drivers and metrics.
- Writing and executing test scripts along with converting system data.
- Utilizing project management tools and techniques to plan and ensure the progress and ultimate completion of designated projects; effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Implementing goals, objectives and practices for efficient and cost effective management of allocated resources.
- Functioning within a group of managers and technical staff, and being able to influence without authority; interfacing professionally and effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
- Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Complies with company policies, practices and procedures, including safety rules and regulation.
- Ability to work independently.
- Handling multiple duties and assignments.