|Job Location||Middle Tenn|
Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, the Layout Engineer performs a variety of design activities including plant layout, equipment selection, design, calculation, detailed specifications for components, preparing 3D component models and associated 2D drawings, and preparing assembly/manufacturing drawings.
· Applies experience to design appropriate bulk material processing plants for aggregates, sand, mining, minerals, and other related industries.
· Uses computer assisted design/drafting software (Autodesk Inventor) to develop designs and details.
· Uses appropriate design validation software as needed.
· Create detailed drawings including dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts of the structure or project.
· Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
· Communicates with customers, vendors, field engineers, and manufacturers regarding project related work.
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
· Experience with plant design, bulk material conveyors, material processing and handling equipment, particularly in the mining or mineral processing industries required.
· Bachelor's degree or completion of a technical school in mining, plus at least five years of related work experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
· Highly skilled in Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Team player with a positive attitude.
· Willingness to learn new processes and applications.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
· Professional Engineer license a plus.
· A great place to work with a workforce that is committed to excellence.
· Casual culture with a prominent focus on adding value for the customer while eliminating waste.
· Open-minded atmosphere where new ideas are welcome.
Job Type: Full-time
· Mechanical Design: 5-10 years
· Hendersonville, TN
Job Type: Full-time