|Job Location||East Tenn|
Star Construction, LLC ("Star") provides specialty contracting services ranging from full service turn-key project management to specialized applications meeting telecommunications industry needs. Services include placing poles, anchors and guys, aerial strand and cable, direct buried pipe, trenching cable, conventional and directional boring , placing underground conduit systems, performing inside wiring and cabling, and testing and maintenance services.
Under general supervision, this position performs tasks associated with the construction/upgrade of cable television or telephone systems.
- Assists in maintaining proper inventory on vehicle based on work assignment
- Ability to throw 1-2 pound weighted rope over elevated cable/telephone lines and tree branches
- Ability to pull lashing equipment down cable lines to secure wires
- Ability to use pounding equipment to install grounding rods and anchors into ground
- Ability to assist in pulling out cable lines and other equipment used in installing cable wires
- Installs equipment and dress pole to customer specifications, using assorted small hand and power tools
- Operates chain hoist to add tension to cable and guy wires
- Operates vehicle and bucket lift safely, following all safety and traffic regulations
- Basic daily maintenance of Company vehicle including fluids check, cleanliness vehicle organization
- Assists in directing traffic flow in accordance with local and state DOT guidelines
- Responsible to fill out daily production reports
- Must have an understanding of basic construction principles
- Must have ability to follow directions
- Must have the ability to operate manual and mechanical equipment necessary to complete jobs
- Must have or able to obtain knowledge of “safety systems” associated with trenching and/or drilling including set-up and emergency procedures
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid driver’s license required; CDL preferred
- The employee shall follow all safety rules at all times.
- The employee shall not engage in unsafe acts.
- The employee is expected to attend and participate in all safety meetings and training.
- The employee shall use all prescribed safety equipment that is required to safely do the job at hand.
- The employee shall report unsafe acts or conditions to his or her immediate Supervisor or Safety Personnel.
- The employee shall report any and all injuries, accidents and/or incidents immediately their immediate
- The employee shall be a safe worker on and off the job.
On-Call and Travel Requirements:
This position may require being on call. Employee will respond to emergency call between the hours of 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. This position may require weekend work, night work and/or overnight travel.
This position requires the ability to do math equation and summaries for reporting work completed.
This position may require some computer knowledge.
This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; bend, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds regularly and frequently lift or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
While preforming the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and may be subject to adverse conditions such as high humidity, temperatures, rain, snow and prolonged sun exposure, the outside work environment will vary throughout the workday including changes in terrain, traffic, urban setting and/or rural settings. The employee is occasionally exposed to natural gas and to the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with company matching
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance Program