|Job Location||East Tenn|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties of this position include but are not limited to:
Converse with equipment operators to ascertain problems with equipment before breakdown and to determine if breakdown is due to electrical mechanical problems.
- Test faulty equipment and apply knowledge of functional operation of electronic units and systems to diagnose cause of malfunction.
- Test electronic components and circuits to locate defects.
- Replace defective components and wiring and adjust mechanical parts.
- Align, adjust and calibrate equipment according to specifications, calibrate testing instruments.
- Maintain records of repairs, calibrations, and tests.
- Direct Maintenance of all required instrumentation.
- Good understanding of PLC’s, PLC programming and troubleshooting.
- Maintain and repair other mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Repair and calibrate electrical heat controls.
- Maintain AC and DC drives, controls, and monitoring instruments.
- Maintain complete control of any repeat problem areas with said equipment.
- Maintain proper work attitude and safe working habits.
- Assist in evaluation of new electrical equipment as requested.
- Troubleshoot both in-line and on the bench, repair and replace components. Differentiate between good and bad SCR, diodes, transistors, capacitors, and zener diodes.
- Check speed pots, DC motor and AC motor to determine if good or bad.
- Programmable temperature controls, euratherm, love controls, baracdleman. Be able to troubleshoot defects with the proper test instruments, know whether the trouble is thermocouple or temperature control and be able calibrate control with 3 degree.
- Be able to program or change program in following types of controllers and equipment: extruder, vacuum pump, scale, wask pump. Be able to run conduit, estimate power loads, know wire sizes and their capacities.
- Check fuses, continuity on electrical wiring, check program heat controls, extruder controls, scale controls.
- Tools: Be able to read and understand oscilloscope, volt OHM meter, amp meter, galviometer.
- Install equipment.
- Repair and maintain plant equipment.
- Installation of mechanical and electrical.
- Maintain level of quality consistent with established standards.
- Comply with established safety rules.
- Comply with company policy and procedures.
- Maintain constructive working relationships with co-workers, leads, supervisors, and managers.
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with company policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned to the satisfaction of supervisor and/or lead.
Associate’s degree in electrical/electronic technology, and three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.