Senior Network Systems Administrator
|Job Location||Knoxville, TN|
|Salary Range||$90,000 - $105,000|
|Position||Senior Network Systems Administrator|
StaffSource is working with a company in Knoxville seeking a Senior Network Systems Administrator for a permanent opportunity. This individual will oversee all servers, firewalls, switches, and other equipment. They will play a key role in revising existing networks, security systems, and ongoing Domain Migration. Must have prior internal customer support experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides high-level architectural expertise to network design and implementation experience incorporates network and network security best practices, is expert in MPLS, OSPF, BGP, QOS, SNMP, DNS, DHCP.
• Develops strategy of system and the design infrastructure necessary to support the server environment, data storage, data access, and applications development. Support client/server relational database structure for the organization (Structured Query Language (SQL), Oracle, and Syteline).
• Maintain the network infrastructure at the company including all servers, firewalls, switches, and other equipment
• Upgrade network components as newer technology becomes available
• Ensure that backups of all server data are being performed daily
• Update Cisco ASA Firewall and Switch configurations as needed
• Administrate Exchange e-mail server for internal and remote connections
• Administer and maintain a disaster recovery location which includes essential file replication and remote access in the event of an emergency
• Make technology recommendations of what hardware/software is needed at the server and user levels
• Manage new/existing user accounts for the internal Active Directory network domain
• Oversee the patch management process for all servers and workstations
• Administer connections to Skype for Business
• Set up and support remote email access and general telephone usage on mobile devices
• Manage all IT related licensing contracts with our software vendor
• Oversee the IT Budget within the company budget
• Establish and maintain protocol for ensuring network security.
• Determine and administer user access, privileges and security.
Hardware/software administration, implementation and development
• Order and set up new hardware as needed
• Provide leadership and advice on updating versions and patches of server software.
Experience & Educational Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, MIS, Business Intelligence, Engineering or related technical discipline. Equivalent work experience in the Information Technology field will be considered;
• Minimum 7 years’ experience working in information technology field as a network and system administration.
• MS Office 365 with MS Azure.
• Windows 2008/2012 and Linux based servers experience
• Cisco ASA firewall administration
• Experience with Exchange 2010 email administration
• Experience with Active directory administration
• Experience with CommVault Backup and MacAfee Endpoint Protection products
• Expert knowledge of various Cisco Data Center technologies (VMWare, Cisco UCS-B&C, Storage: Cisco MDS 9000, EMC a plus)
• Cisco Route/Switch (Expert Knowledge of Nexus, 65xx, 45xx, 37xx Switches, ASR9000,76xx, 39xx, 29xx Routers etc..)
• Understanding of Cisco Wireless & Voice technologies
• Infor Syteline & Oracle ERP application support experience is desired
• Security knowledge and experience or the desire to be trained
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Certification in: CCNP, CISSP, MCITP is desired