|Job Location||New Jersey|
JOB TITLE: Shipping Clerk
REPORTS TO: Shipping Manager
INTNERAL CLIENTS: Various
DIRECTOR REPORTS: N/A
The Shipping Clerk assists the shipping manager with day to day operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ship shipment via Fed ex/ UPS both domestic and international
· Create BOL’s and commercial invoices
· Label, Wrap and strap skids
· Fill out ANS form
· Pack out drops shipments
· Keep shipping area neat and organized
· Answer emails from production when asked
· Locate jobs in progress throughout plant, provide info for shipping
· Keep accurate and up to date records.
· Type all shipping labels and all Bill of Ladings and same labels.
· Spot-check production for correct specifications and packouts.
· Must alert the Head of Shipping of any inconsistencies such as (quantity, quality, etc.)
· Follows shipping list and only makes changes with signed written instructions from a CSR.
· Perform other duties as requested
· Knowledge of shipping and mailing procedures and requirements.
· Knowledge of general maintenance procedures.
· Two years of experience as a receiving and shipping coordinator preferably in a warehouse
· Working knowledge of Word, Outlook and specifically Microsoft Excel.
· The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written communication.