Sr. Internal Auditor
|Job Location||Middle Tenn|
|Position||Sr. Internal Auditor|
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The primary purpose of the Senior Internal Auditor is to assist in the execution of the company’s annual SOX Program, as well as other projects and audits within the Internal Audit Department. This position is key in drafting and executing test plans, assisting with walkthroughs of the company’s key financial controls, and deficiency remediation. The Senior Internal Auditor will report directly to the Manager, Financial Audit.
• Perform, evaluate, document, and communicate results of financial and control audits
• Create work products such as audit analysis, correspondence, reports, and working papers that document audit procedures, findings, and recommendations
• Reviews process documentation and performs inquiries and tests of controls over financial reorting to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 for assigned controls
• Assist with implementing new policies and procedures
• Work on various audit assignments such as Travel/Entertainment expense audits and risk based audits deemed significant through the annual enterprise risk assessment process
• Participate in financial audit testing in coordination with the external auditor
• Lead or assist in acquisition due diligence
• Lead or assist in fraud investigations
• Lead or assist in data analytics
• BS in Accounting
• Certified Public Accountant preferred or working toward the designation.
• 2-3 years experience in financial auditing with a public accounting firm or internal audit role in a public company
• Knowledge of accounting, financial reporting, internal controls, and basic Audit techniques required with SOX experience a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
• Confident in communicating with all levels of employees when performing an audit or reporting the results of an audit
• Self motivated to work alone and within a team to complete assigned audits and projects within allotted time.
• Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, be able to grasp concepts quickly, solve problems, and make sound decisions and recommendations.
• Willingness to obtain the skills for promotion to a manager position in the Department or to move into a position within the Finance/Accounting area
Preferred Skills/Qualifications (but Not Required)
• IT audit experience, especially in the area of IT General Controls as it relates to Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements using the COBIT framework
• Information Systems education or work experience
• Data analytics using ACL
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.