Sr. Structural Engineer
|Job Location||Middle Tenn|
|Position||Sr. Structural Engineer|
· Serve as a key member of a project team, providing engineering support for the planning, design, construction, and commissioning of bu
· lk material handling systems, mining systems, and truck and rail loading / unloading facilities across the United States.
· Perform structural analysis and design of concrete foundations, piers, pilings, and steel structures.
· Interpret geotechnical reports, considering soil-structure interaction, soil corrosion, bearing capacity, swell/settlement, expansive soil, earth pressures, pavement section design, frost heave, slope stability, underpinning, and other factors in foundation and shoring design.
· Produce plan drawings of foundations, detail drawings showing cross-sections and reinforcing, embeds, and anchors in sufficient detail to allow construction.
· Design supports and concrete foundations per applicable industry codes and standards to support conveyors, crushers, process equipment, bins, tanks, and associated buildings.
· Provide design criteria, concrete specification, and reinforcing specifications with required supporting calculations.
· Interface with customers, contractors, project managers and engineering unit specialists for all technical, design and planning aspects of projects
· Advise contractors on site during installation.
Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering required.
· Master's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering preferred.
· PE License
· Ten years relevant structural engineering experience required
· Must be available for occasional travel for meetings, site inspections, and consultation.
· AutoCAD and RISA 3D Foundation structural software or similar
· Thorough knowledge of engineering standards, codes, and other applicable state and federal guidelines.
· Knowledge of surveying and coordinate systems.
· A great place to work with a workforce that is committed to excellence.
· Casual culture with a prominent focus on adding value for the customer while eliminating waste.
· Open-minded atmosphere where new ideas are welcome.
Job Type: Full-time
· Structural Design: 5-10 years
· Bachelor’s + PE
· Hendersonville, TN
Job Type: Full-time