|Job Location||East Tenn|
Heavy Civil Superintendent
Location: Middle Tennessee Area, TNDepartment: Water/ Wastewater Construction, Improvement
Type: Full TimeMin. Experience: Manager/Supervisor
J. Cumby Construction is a fully licensed general contractor based in Cookeville, Tennessee. We specialize in water and wastewater treatment facilities, pumping stations, commercial, and industrial types of construction.
Hard work, low overhead and a reputation for integrity and quality is what sets J. Cumby Construction apart.
No matter how large or small the project, we give each of our clients the same exceptional level of dedication and attention to detail. Whether it is a new structure or an expansion to your facility, J. Cumby Construction is committed to exceeding your expectations.
Project Superintendents are responsible for monitoring the overall construction work for all assigned projects. This includes updating project schedules, managing labor costs, and coordinating Subcontractor and Self Perform work..
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for ensuring that a safe workplace remains the top priority by partnering with the Safety Manager and Project Management to support policies, procedures and practices for establishing a safe workplace.
- Control job progress by managing Subcontractors, solving problems and conflicts, using proper documentation, quality control and safety control techniques on the job.
- Control project costs by weekly evaluation of labor, material, and equipment costs.
- Oversee field productivity, cost control, quality control and scheduling to ensure accurate and updated construction schedules and budgets are being met.
- Work with field and project management to address cost and schedule concerns.
- Take an active part in job start / job close meetings.
- Communicate regularly with Project Management to troubleshoot job challenges and update job status.
- Communicate and enforce company policies and procedures with field personnel and Subcontractors in a professional manner.
- Provide Leadership through building cooperative relationships, being decisive and taking responsibility. Display leadership by being a good role model and striving to promote a positive work environment at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
- Candidates for this position must have heavy construction experience in the water and wastewater industry under a self-performing contractor. Candidates must be willing to travel and relocate as needed.
Benefits and Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Matching Contributions, Life/AD&D Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness, Company Paid Holiday and Vacation
JCC IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER
Qualified Minorities, are encouraged to apply.
JCC is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer