|Job Location||East Tenn|
The Senior System Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of data center systems hardware, software and building related infrastructure. This position provides assistance to the Analysis and Engineering, Database Administrator, Healthcare Financial Services Operations, Network, Applications Development, Program Management, Telecommunication and Service Desk teams for enterprise systems design, configuration and maintenance. Systems designs include server software and hardware, intranet, DMZ and perimeter networks for purpose built and commercial off the shelf application hosting. This opening is for an engineer with extensive data center automation experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Automation of systems administration processes including server deployment, patch management, disaster recovery, migration, cloud.
· Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
· Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
· Assists with various project teams with technical issues in the initiation and planning phases within the TeamHealth project methodologies.
· Provides assistance for the User Support team for the configuration and maintenance of enterprise interfaces for client devices, VPN connectivity and user account lifecycle.
· Extensive Microsoft knowledge - Active Directory, GPO, DNS, DHCP
· Virtualization technology - VMware, Citrix and Hyper-V
· Hardware Storage - SAN, NAS, DAS and iSCSI
· Applications - Exchange, IIS, System Center, CommVault
· Scripting – PowerShell, VB, Chef, Puppet
· Automation - Orchestrator, vRealize Automation, ActiveBatch
· Operating Systems – Windows, Linux
· Enterprise security – Anti-Malware, Configuration Management, ITIL
· Disaster recovery
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
§ Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science
§ Five years or more of experience maintaining servers and clients in an enterprise network environment
§ Microsoft certification desired
§ Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot technical problems and provide solutions
§ Ability to work independently with minimal direction or supervision
§ Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written)
§ Excellent interpersonal skills with an orientation towards professionalism and customer service
§ Possess a high aptitude for learning with the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
§ Experience in coordinating simultaneous assignments, following work priorities, meeting project deadlines, and coordinating personal work schedule